Every day Manna is making strides on behalf of neighbors who experience hunger and food insecurity across our County. Last year alone, Manna served over 32,000 neighbors in need, distributing 3.5 million pounds of fresh, frozen and shelf-stable foods to families and children.
How your donation makes an impact in the fight against hunger:
- $25 helps provide a monthly Manna box of fresh, frozen and shelf-stable food to one family in need this holiday season.
- $50 helps provide 10 Smart Sacks of healthy food to children at an elementary school near you, bridging the meal gap over the weekend.
- $100 helps support the daily food rescue run of 1 Manna truck, enabling Manna to distribute quality proteins and fresh vegetables to our clients.
- $250 helps provide 10 families with a monthly Manna box of 3-5 days’ worth of supplemental food.
- $500 helps purchase 417 pounds of fresh produce from local farmers in Montgomery County through Manna’s Farm to Food Bank program.
- $1,000 helps provide nutrition education workshops and cooking classes for 130 families and children.
- $5,000 helps support the Smart Sacks program at one elementary school for the entire school year, distributing food every Friday for 40 weeks to low income children.
- $10,000 helps support the transportation costs for Manna’s trucks to rescue food for 15 days, enabling Manna to distribute quality proteins and fresh vegetables to our clients.
For every $1 you donate, $.94 goes to food distribution and programs benefiting our neighbors in need.
Does your place of work participate in the CFC?
Consider designating Manna as the beneficiary of your payroll deduction! CFC #23028 & MD Charity Campaign #52-1289203
Over the past 34 years, Manna Food Center has provided more than 60 million pounds of food to our neighbors in Montgomery County, enough to fill over 1 MILLION Manna boxes.
Your contributions help us continue this vital work.